Parish Church of St. Remaclus
Added to the travel planner: 3032
reviews: 3.69 von 5 (13 reviews)
updated: 21.02.2024 06:49:36
Errors and omissions excepted!Report an issue
The Parish Church of St. Remaclus is situated in the district of Cond. It holds a special position among the new church buildings of the post-war period. The church is built of red-brown slate quarry stone and was constructed based on the concept of church architect Emil Steffann (1899 – 1968). Steffann set the Parish Church of St. Remaclus as a counterpoint to the Gothic Reichsburg (imperial castle) on the opposite bank of the Mosel.
Some late Baroque and Neogothic altarpieces and figures were taken over from the destroyed old parish church, of which only a Romanesque west tower from the 12th century still remains today.
St. Remaclus was the church architect's final work, as two months after its consecration he was killed as the result of a car accident.